If you love bananas, this Banana Pudding Cake is a fun way to satisfy your cravings.
With its comforting flavors and nostalgic charm, this true Southern classic is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s the perfect cake recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
Banana Poke Cake
My boys are absolutely in love with bananas, and so am I!
We absolutely love banana muffins, banana bread and banana pudding. But this recipe takes our obsession with bananas one more step.
100pcs Cake Pan Sets for Baking + Cake Decorating SuppliesWilton 3-Tier Folding Cooling Grid – Cool Dozens of Cookies or Treats on an Expandable Cooling Rack, Collapse for Easy Storage, 10 x 16-InchSilicone Baking MatsMeasuring Cups and Spoons – Set of 20
My banana pudding cake is a fun way to satisfy all of our cravings in one 10×13 inch pan.
Start this cake by mixing all your cake ingredients together for 3-5 minutes, until they are well combined.
Pour into a greased and floured 10×13 inch pan, and bake at 350 until the top is golden brown and a tester comes out clean.
Let it cool for 5-10 minutes and then poke a bunch of holes all over it.
Prepare a large box of instant banana pudding according to the regular package directions (3 cups of cold milk to one large box of pudding),
Instead of mixing the entire 5 minutes until it is thickened, mix for about 2-3 minutes so its dissolved, but still very pourable.
Pour it all over the cake and spread it around, making sure it gets into all those holes.
Chill the cake until it is cooled completely and the pudding is set.
Next whip up your cream and spread it all over the top.
Crush your cookies, and garnish with the crushed cookies and sliced banana.
Additional Cakes with Fruit
If you’re in the mood for fruit in your cakes, try these additional mouth-watering recipes!
Delicious Easy Apple Cake highlights the crisp fruit but also the cinnamon sugar-flavored pastry.
Easy pineapple upside down cake recipe is a long-standing, old-fashioned favorite for a reason. It’s sweet, moist and loaded with caramelized pineapples that make it truly irresistible.
With a surprising hint of orange, no chocolate lover can resist this Chocolate Orange Cake.
This Cherry Dump Cake Recipe is rich and moist.
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding (3⅛ oz.)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 lg eggs, beaten
- ½ cups canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large box instant banana cream pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- Whipped Cream:
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar (or to taste)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- crushed Nilla Wafers
- fresh sliced bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 9x13 pan by buttering and flouring, or using baking spray.
- Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, vanilla pudding, sour cream, eggs, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix for 3-5 minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, and then poke holes all over the cake with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Mix large box of instant banana cream pudding with milk with a whisk for 2-3 minutes, or until the pudding mix is fully dissolved, but the pudding is still very pourable. Pour all over the cake, making sure it gets into all the holes.
- Chill cake until fully cooled and pudding has set, about 15-20 minutes.
- Whip cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spread on the top of the cake. Garnish with crushed cookies and fresh sliced banana. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 589Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 10g
Nutrient values are only estimates provided by online calculators. Various factors can change the nutritional information in any given recipe.
For more mouth-watering cake ideas!
The Perfect Cake: Your Ultimate Guide to Classic, Modern, and Whimsical CakesCake Decorating for Beginners: A Step-by-Step Guide to Decorating Like a ProMartha Stewart’s Cake Perfection: 100+ Recipes for the Sweet Classic, from Simple to Stunning: A Baking BookThe Great British Baking Show: The Big Book of Amazing Cakes
Don’t miss out on our other family friendly recipes!