This delicious Easy Apple Cake Recipe highlights the crisp fruit but also the cinnamon sugar-flavored pastry.
It’s luscious but doesn’t overdo the sweetness with just the right mix of flavors.
Be sure to check out the rest of our best cake recipes, too!
This post contains affiliate links.
The cake is baked with the apples inside as the middle layer, which creates a moist, finished product.
The apples are gooey, baked in a cinnamon sugar coating, making them a sweet and light complement to the perfectly baked cake.
A special thanks to Culinary.net for this delicious apple recipe!
Simple Apple Cake Instructions
Start by mixing the apples with cinnamon and, of course, sugar. Set the mixture aside.
Next, mix all the dry ingredients together then mix in the wet ingredients.
The secret to this cake is creating layers that will hold up. Pour half of the batter into a round springform pan first then add apple mixture and top it all with the rest of the cake batter.
Finally, for a little extra sweetness, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over the top of the cake before baking.
Once baked, this cake can be drizzled with icing (if you’d like) to make it an even more delightful treat to satisfy any sweet tooth.
This easy apple cake recipe is perfect for any get-together, families looking for an after-dinner indulgence or anyone who just loves fruity desserts.
It’s delectable enough for fancy occasions, but also simple enough to make at home for just a couple.
Cake Video Instructions
- 3 cups Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons, plus 2 cups, sugar, divided
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- icing (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In medium bowl, mix apples, cinnamon and 5 tablespoons sugar until combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix flour, 2 cups sugar, baking powder and salt until combined. Form well in middle of mixture. Add oil, eggs, orange juice and vanilla; mix until blended.
- In springform pan, pour half of batter. Add apple mixture. Pour remaining batter over apple mixture. Sprinkle remaining sugar over batter.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, or until top is golden brown and tester comes out clean and dry.
- Drizzle with icing, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 823Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 244mgCarbohydrates: 172gFiber: 1gSugar: 152gProtein: 4g
Nutrient values are only estimates provided by online calculators. Various factors can change the nutritional information in any given recipe.
Don’t miss out on our other family friendly recipes!