Glitter Turkey Craft that are simple enough for preschoolers to make and interesting enough to keep grade-schoolers entertained.
Do your kids love to help prepare for Thanksgiving dinner?
Why not get them in on the decorations and table decor!
Becca from CraftCreateCalm is joining us today and sharing her craft to get the kids involved. This post contains affiliate links.
Glitter Turkey Craft
I know my kids enjoy spending the weeks leading up to the big family dinner making crafts that can be included in our fall table décor.
This year we’re making a simple Glitter Turkey craft that can be kept on display with our fall mantel decorations until they make their big debut on our Thanksgiving Day tablescape.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B001QJNMHW” locale=”US” tag=”jennyevolution-20″]Craft Feathers[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00HMBV3R4″ locale=”US” tag=”jennyevolution-20″]Small Wood Round[/easyazon_link]s (also available at all major craft supply stores)
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B003QYJKJ4″ locale=”US” tag=”jennyevolution-20″]Gold Glitter Craft Paint[/easyazon_link]
- Small Triangle cut from Orange Paper
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B0074MHV7W” locale=”US” tag=”jennyevolution-20″]Wiggle Eyes[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00400OFX4″ locale=”US” tag=”jennyevolution-20″]Craft Glue[/easyazon_link]
How to Make a Simple Glitter Turkey
Step 1: Paint the face of each wood round with gold glitter paint and let dry completely
Step 2: Once the glitter paint is dry, turn the wood round glitter side down and apply glue to the upper half of the face of the wood round
Step 3: Glue the bases of the feathers to the wood round and let the glue dry
Step 4: Turn the wood round glitter side up, apply wiggle eyes and orange triangle beak with glue
Kids will love to see their Glitter Turkey sparkling on the Thanksgiving table, or tucked into your seasonal mantel!
Don’t miss out on my other Thanksgiving family fun ideas for all ages (including grown-ups)!
About Rebecca: CraftCreateCalm is Rebecca’s journey towards creating a family life that feels less stressful. You’ll find all kinds of crafts for both kids and adults, at home learning activities to grow your child’s mind, tips to fill your home with order and beauty, aromatherapy to fill your body with relaxation, and a few extras for inspiration. You can read more from Rebecca on CraftCreateCalm.