Just prep the day before, this Easy Overnight French Toast Casserole with apple and cinnamon is ready to throw in the oven once you’re up – whether you’re hosting brunch or the holidays.
It’s gooey on the inside and baked to a perfect crisp on the outside, plus it’s filled with mouthwatering apples and ground cinnamon, not to mention the sweet glaze drizzled on top at the end.
It’s perfect for any breakfast or brunch occasion and the little ones will enjoy the sweet crunch, as well.
Be sure to check out the rest of our breakfast and brunch recipes, too!
This post contains affiliate links.
Whether you are waking up on an early Monday morning or lounging around in your pajamas for an hour (or two) over the weekend, this breakfast casserole is worth the wait.
Personally, we love this casserole on Christmas morning.
A special thanks for this delicious brunch recipe to Culinary.net.
Additional French Toast Recipes
Sausage Fresh Toast Roll-Ups are quick, easy and combine your favorite breakfast protein and traditional deliciousness in one little roll. Drizzled with warm maple syrup at the end, no one ca help but indulge in these breakfast bites.
Leches Honey French Toast puts a unique twist on traditional French toast by adding coconut milk, evaporated milk and honey to create a creamy, sweet flavor.
Easy Overnight French Toast Casserole with Apple Cinnamon
Waking up, no matter how late, can be such a drag.
You’re moving slow and cuddled up warm under the blankets.
However, your stomach is growling which means eventually you are going to get out of bed.
And when you do stumble out of bed, it’s time to get the day started with a delicious casserole on your plate.
It’s a warm, freshly baked easy Overnight Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole.
To start, add cubed French bread to a glass baking dish.
Add apple pie filling on top of the bread and smooth it out over the entire dish.
Then add more cubed French bread on top.
In a mixing bowl, whisk nine eggs, half-and-half and cinnamon. (Here’s a super trick on how to make cinnamon powder at home.)
Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the baking dish.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and chill overnight.
Remove the foil and bake for about an hour. Let cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and milk to form a sweet glaze.
Drizzle the glaze over your warm casserole and enjoy.
Video Instructions for Easy Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package (20 ounces) French bread, cubed, divided
- 1 can (20 ounces) apple pie filling
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus additional (optional)
- 2 tablespoons milk, plus additional (optional)
- Spray 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In baking dish, add 10 ounces cubed French bread in bottom of dish. Pour apple filling over bread. Top with remaining cubed French bread. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half and cinnamon. Pour evenly over bread.
- Cover with aluminum foil and chill overnight.
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Remove foil and bake 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk powdered sugar and milk. Add additional, if needed, until pourable glaze is reached. Drizzle over casserole before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 6g
For more delicious breakfast ideas!
Don’t miss out on our other family friendly recipes!