Two straight weekends stuck inside while the weather outside is beautiful. Bitter? Who me? You betcha!
The Croup continues to rule the roost. Now the second one is down for the count. As a mom, I’m supposed to be self-sacrificing, only thinking of my little one. But as some point, you gotta stare karma in the face and ask, “Really?” When are these kids going to be well?
And so, I offer you the top 10 YouTube videos of trains to bookmark next time you have an ornery child on your hands. After all, we all need a mental break. And if the computer gives you even 15 minutes of sanity, then it’s worth it!
Best 10 Train YouTube Videos for Children
–Voted and Approved by a 6 and 3 Year Old–
1. Talgo vs. Superliner: By far this video is my kids’ favorite production. With dancing music as its background, two electric trains race through an extensive and impressively long track. Vote for who’s going to win. I can honestly say we’ve watched this more than 100 times.
2. Trainz Carz Get Stuck: Cheesy synthesizer music. Simulated trains. Potential crashes. What’s there not to love?
3. Lego Train on Long Curves: Watch this electron lego train run the curves. Feel like you’re actually riding on the train as well as riding in front of it.
4. Too Much Thomas: The story of a kid who started with one simple train set that ballooned into Australia’s biggest Thomas the Tank Engine display.
5. The Tomica World Show: This is an advertisement for Tomica, plain and simple. And the production level doesn’t exactly match a professional train company. But my kids can’t get enough.
6. Thomas The Tank Engine’s Spencer Takes the Train Tracks: Cool electronic music. Obviously created by kids which my kiddos love.
7. Great Western Lego Train Show IV: Fun upbeat music. Busy Lego electric trains moving fast. Makes me want to dance.
8. 20 Tomy Tomica Trains Running at the Same Time: The title says it all.
9. Intro to Japanese SuperTrains: This is actually a promo for Super Trains that are available but is so cool, even I could watch this video multiple times.
10. Accidents Will Happen: Kids love watching crashes, bashes and accidents. This simulated cartoon shows all of the “bloopers” any kiddo could want. Plus the Thomas song “Accidents Will Happen!”