This Skittles Rainbow Sugar Cookies Bark recipe is easy to make, always looks fabulous (thanks to those amazing Skittles colors) and is tough to say no to.
With its vibrant colors and sweet, fruity flavor, it’s sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike.
Be sure to check out the rest of our candy and fudge recipes, too!
This post contains affiliate links.
Skittles Rainbow Sugar Cookies Bark Recipe
For this recipe, I ordered a 54oz bag of Skittles. I went ahead and separated the Skittles into colors.
Aren’t they pretty just on their own?
And I had Skittles leftover to spare, so I made this fun St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Skittles Decoration.
Once the colors are separated, roll out your refrigerated sugar cookie dough to about 1/4 to form one massive cookie.
Be sure to lightly sprinkle a dusting a flour on your cooking surface and rolling pin before rolling out the dough to prevent it from sticking.
Also, use parchment paper to help prevent sticking to your sheet and for moving the cookie afterward.
Then cook the cookie according to the packaging instructions.
Let the cookie cool for several minutes when done.
While the cookie is cooling, melt half of the candy coating per the directions.
I should note that you can use CandiQuik or any store brand. Some store brands will say that it is almond vanilla flavored.
But if you are concerned with nut allergies, check the ingredients.
Some of them use artificial flavoring and contain no nut products at all.
Once the candy coating is melted, spread over the entire cooking with an icing knife.
Then place the Skittles in a rainbow pattern on the cookie.
Gently slide the cookie using the parchment paper onto a cooling rack.
Repeat for the second cookie… because you’re going to have a hungry crowd!
Once the cookie is completely cooled, place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to make sure the candy coating is completely hard.
Transfer the cookie back to the cookie sheet (aren’t you glad you used that parchment paper) and crack the cookie apart to create the pieces.
- 2 rolls of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 16 oz of vanilla flavored candy coating (ex. CandiQuik)
- 1 large package of Skittles
- Separate the Skittles into colors
- Lightly sprinkle a dusting of flour on your countertop/cutting board and rolling pin before rolling out the dough to prevent it from sticking.
- Roll out the sugar cookie dough to approx. 1/4 inch thick and transfer it to your parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake according to the directions on the cookie packaging.
- Let the cookie cool for several minutes.
- While the cookie is cooling, melt half of the candy coating per the directions.
- Spread with an icing knife (if available) on top of sugar cookie.
- Place the Skittles in a rainbow pattern on the cookie.
- Gently slide the cookie using the parchment paper onto a cooling rack.
- Repeat for the second cookie.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to make sure the candy coating is completely hard.
- Transfer back to cookie sheet and crack the cookie apart to create the pieces
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
Nutrient values are only estimates provided by online calculators. Various factors can change the nutritional information in any given recipe.
Don’t miss out on our other family friendly recipes!