Ask anyone what Christmas is to them and a hundred memories of Christmases past are sure to wash over them.
We love to glamorize the holiday but with it comes stress, too!
And so, this holiday, I share all of what Christmas is to me and my family.
Get more Christmas inspiration — including Christmas recipes, holiday crafts and children’s activities.
Christmas is :
- Lovingly taking out our family ornaments to hang on the tree
- Worrying the kids are going to drop them or the dog will eat them
- Allowing the kids to hang the crystal stars on the tree anyway
- Going sledding in the crisp winter air
- Taking half an hour to get ready to go outside only to have one child give up after five minutes
- Cuddling up with a hot cup of cocoa to warm frozen fingers
- Trying a new holiday craft off of Pinterest
- Experiencing a complete Pinterest Fail!
- Having a great story to tell friends on Facebook
- Hanging up the colored lights outside
- Fighting with one set of lights that just won’t work
- Having them miraculously turn on by themselves. Don’t know how. Don’t care.
- Listening to gorgeous choirs singing Christmas carols
- Having the boys yell that they hate this music
- Compromising and taking turns picking the songs
- Baking up a storm of holiday cookies
- Managing kids on a complete sugar high
- Enjoying the creative way the kids decorated the cookies
- Watching the intricate holiday train displays
- Trying to keep your kids from touching each and every train
- Taking home a new special train
- Picking out presents for all of your loved ones
- Visiting four different stores to try and find that one toy your kids absolutely wants
- Having an extremely helpful employee call around until he finds it for you
- Driving through the Christmas light displays
- Listening to the little one say that it’s boring
- Turning the lights into a scavenger hunt game
- Watching your favorite holiday movies
- Finding out the DVD has been scratched midway through the film
- Discovering you can stream it to your TV
- Getting together for a huge family dinner
- Eating way too much and feeling overstuffed
- Not caring because it’s only one day of the year!
This Christmas, I wish you all of the joy of the holiday season!