Excited about the Olympics but not about figuring out how to do a complicated craft with your kiddo? Never fear! This leaf crown Olympics craft is extremely easy, fast and fun.
Materials you’ll need:
- Pipe cleaners (gold or silver)
- Faux leaves (find these at any Michael’s or home hobby store and often come on plastic stems)
Yep. That’s all you need!
To make the crown:
- Clip the faux leaves off of the stems
- Cut a small incision into the middle of the leaf
- Choose 1-2 pipe cleaners (depending on the size of your child’s head)
- Thread several leaves onto the pipe cleaner
- Twist the end of the pipe cleaner together to create a crown
Host your own mini-Olympics at home and give away the crowns as medals!
Here’s me wearing the leaf crown around the house. Next time I decide to take a picture, remind me to brush my hair and put on some mascara! Oh the life of a mom. 😉