This Mediterranean Linguine Recipe with Basil and Tomatoes will transport you to the countryside of Italy with just one bite.
Mediterranean cooking is all about ripe vegetables, fresh herbs and fragrant spices all lend vibrant, bold flavors to mouthwatering meals that are worth lingering over with friends.
This is what Mediterranean cooking is all about!
And the unmistakable scents in the kitchen will carry you away to Italy.
Mediterranean Cooking Essentials
First, can we just talk Mediterranean essentials?
I mean, if you’re going for that full Mediterranean flavor, fresh and flavorful ingredients are the key to great Mediterranean cooking.
Use extra virgin olive oil to add a full-bodied flavor to salads, vegetables and meats.
Pure olive oil offers a mild, subtle olive flavor with a hint of fruit to sautés and stir-fries. Light tasting olive oil is ideal as an all-purpose cooking oil that can be used for sautéing, roasting vegetables or in baked goods like muffins, cakes and brownies.
So whether you’re making this linguine recipe today or trying to infuse some Mediterranean flavor into your every day cooking, keep some of these essential ingredients on hand:
- Vegetables: tomatoes, onions, shallots, peppers, carrots, spinach, eggplant
- Grains: pasta, couscous, oats, barley, corn, rice
- Dairy: yogurt, unsalted butter
- Beans and legumes: chickpeas, cannellini beans, lentils
- Fresh herbs and spices: cumin, garlic, rosemary, fennel, oregano, basil
- Cheese: Parmigiano-Reggiano, pecorino, ricotta, Manchego, feta
- Condiments: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, olives, capers, honey
Are you looking over these ingredients? Are you thinking of ways you can incorporate them into your everyday cooking?
Yes… I bet you are. And I bet your mouth is watering as well, right?!?
Add some Mediterranean inspiration to your everyday meals with these recipes using Crisco® olive oils to help you turn an ordinary meal into a memorable one.
For more recipes, visit www.crisco.com.
Mediterranean Linguine with Basil and Tomatoes
- 1 1-pound box linguine pasta
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup Crisco 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pints grape tomatoes (4 cups), cut in half
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 18 to 20 basil leaves, cut in thin strips
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus
- additional for garnish
Step 1: Heat 6 quarts water to boiling. Add pasta and salt.
Cook for the minimum recommended time on package directions. While pasta cooks, prepare sauce.
Step 2: Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add tomatoes and garlic.
Cook and stir 2 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar and pepper flakes.
Step 3: Drain cooked pasta. Add to skillet. Cook and stir 1 minute or until pasta is coated and hot.
Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir in basil and cheese. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.
For more Mediterranean cooking inspiration, consider the following affiliate links:
Shipping is FREE with Amazon Prime or $35+ orders. Sign up for a FREE 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial HERE. Along with FREE shipping you will get access to thousands of movies, tv shows, books and music for FREE!