This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Dawn. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine.
As a mom, it’s tough to find time for myself. I often discover ways to steal moments in the day to relax and keep myself centered. With two boys, I’ve got to be at my best at all times and keep my cool!
Dawn Destinations is working on helping busy moms like myself find pleasure and Zen in everyday moments. But in dishwashing? Yep! Dawn Destinations wants to give you a moment of Zen while you’re busy cleaning up the dishes. So let the kids run around the house. You can get lost in the scents of these soaps while Dawn does the heavy work in cutting through your greasiest dishes.
The Dawn Destinations dish washing liquids come in three scents: Mediterranean Lavender, New Zealand Springs and Thai Dragon Fruit scents. I was sent the New Zealand Springs scent to try out. It was light, crisp and fresh. Not overwhelming but with the right amount of aromatherapy. And as always, the Dawn soap cut right through the nasty grease on my dishes. There’s nothing like bacon grease to really test a soap. (Wait, did someone mention bacon?) My boys love a treat on the weekend, so we had bacon and I had an easier and more enjoyable job of cleaning up thanks to Dawn.
I’ve been a long-term user of Dawn and wouldn’t expect anything less from the makers with their newest line. I’m glad I wasn’t disappointed. And I’m loving the new scent. With summer, I was ready for something different. I just wasn’t expecting it to come from my dish washing liquid. Goes to show you!
Make Your Own Frugal Aromatherapy Pillow with Lavender Oil
To keep that Zen feeling, you can make your own frugal aromatherapy pillow using lavender oil. It’s incredibly inexpensive and an easy way to build in some reset time for yourself.
To make the neck/shoulder pillow, you will need:
- To make your personal pillow, fill a tube sock with dry rice so that is about two-thirds to three-quarters full. Be sure to fill it over a container or the sink so you don’t get rice on the floor.
- Add 15-20 drops of lavender oil
- Carefully sew the sock shut to avoid finding rice all over your house for the next six months. Make sure the stitches are close together; you’d be surprised at how easily that rice escapes.
- Microwave for 1-2 minute (make sure the sock and contents are not too hot) and apply as needed to help relieve neck and shoulder tension.
Enter to Win a DIY Aromatherapy Heating Pad Kit from Dawn Destinations
Dawn Destinations would like to make your summer simpler by giving you a chance to win your own DIY Aromatherapy Kit. The kit will include:
- $25 iTunes gift card (for spa music)
- One sock
- Aromatherapy neck and shoulder pillow recipe/how-to
- A bottle of Dawn Destination
- Lavender oil
Giveaway is open to US residents, 18 years or older. Giveaway ends July 7, 2014.
HAVE YOU TRIED DAWN DESTINATIONS YET? WHAT DID YOU THINK?