Today I’m making this splendid chocolate peanut butter banana pita pocket recipe with less calories.
I don’t have to give up on taste!
With summer, I am resolved to start making smarter choices for my health.
This means not giving up on the food that I love but finding ways to make them with less calories.
Getting Inspired to Live Healthier
My other resolve is so also get serious about adding in more physical activity into my day.
As a busy mom, I find that even giving up a half an hour means I working that much later into the night.
Not what I want, right?
Instead, I decided to reach out to friends to see how we could be healthier together.
We decided that actually walking to school would be a terrific way to bond and burn some calories!
It then proceeded to rain for weeks.
Yes, I am in the Midwest, and it just didn’t want to let up.
But on the last day of school….. sun!
We all met at the school playground and walked home together — kids and moms.
And of course, we all ended up carrying the kids backpacks.
By the time we got to my house, I was ready to drop that extra weight at the door!
Chocolate Peanut butter banana pita pocket recipe
This tasty peanut butter and chocolate snack swaps full sugar for SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, and they cook in just five minutes.
These are a great summertime snack.
And they are filling, so I even had them for lunch!
I’m replacing some of the high-calorie ingredients you might choose to make this filling snack with some lower-calorie options to help everyone make smarter choices.
Here are the ingredients I’m using to make some healthier choices.
- 6 tablespoons reduced fat creamy-style peanut butter
- 3 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 tablespoons fat free plain yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped, roasted peanuts
- 4 teaspoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup raisins
- 4 small (4 inch) pita breads, halved
- 1 large banana, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
Are you ready for these delicious snacks? I loved mine! See the full recipe below.
For more delicious snack ideas, consider the following affiliate links:
Shipping is FREE with Amazon Prime or $35+ orders. Sign up for a FREE 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial HERE. Along with FREE shipping you will get access to thousands of movies, tv shows, books and music for FREE!
- Grab a medium sized bowl. Mix peanut butter, cream cheese, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, yogurt and cinnamon, together until well blended.
- Stir in the chopped peanuts, chocolate chips and raisins.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture inside the pita pockets.
- Add the banana into the pitas and brush the outside of the pockets with the melted margarine.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side in a pre-heated large skillet or griddle on medium heat.