While we’re making flying bat window silhouettes today, this tutorial can easily be changed to make pumpkin window silhouettes or any other fun Halloween symbol.
My sons have a love affair with bats.
So come Halloween, it’s time to get out these fascinating creatures and turn them into a fun Halloween crafts for kids.
- Construction Paper
- Tissue Paper
- Hole Puncher
- Piece of Yarn or Ribbon
1. Staple two large sheets of construction paper together on one end.
This will help keep them in place.
2. Using a plate as a guide, draw a large circle.
3. Draw out your bat shapes and cut out of the two sheets stapled together.
4. Cut out circles in tissue paper.
5. Overlap tissue over bat openings on one circle, careful to cover entire opening.
Tape edges of tissue to one of the pieces of construction paper to keep tissue in place.
6. Place 2nd large circle on top, matching bat cutouts. Glue the two pieces of construction paper together.
7. Hole punch and insert yarn for hanger.
Looking for more great Halloween ideas? Be sure to check out my collection of Halloween tips, ideas, activities, recipes and more for the entire family.