Make this funny Easter Bunny Cake and get everyone laughing.
After all, Easter is a celebration, so bring a smile to everyone around the table.
Be sure to check out all of our Easter activities and crafts!
This post contains affiliate links.
Funny Easter Cake
Warmer days at the start of spring mean Easter is almost here, and the big bunny himself will be hopping around in no time delivering goodies.
This Easter, celebrate with your loved ones with a delicious and colorful Easter Bunny Cake.
Bring smiles and laughter while putting everyone in a light, joyful mood.
This cake is fun and bright with a fluffy, moist interior.
Complete with chocolate candy eggs, shredded coconut and chocolate chips for little bunny toes, this recipe goes all out to paint a picture of the Easter bunny.
A special thanks to Culinary.net for this delightful dessert.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 eggs, plus 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 thin pretzel sticks
- 1 bag (10 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 8 drops green food coloring
- 2 large round chocolate candy melts
- 6 chocolate chips
- mini candy-coated chocolate eggs, for garnish
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Line muffin pan with four paper liners. Spray oven-safe glass bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, cream of coconut, pineapple, coconut extract and vanilla extract until combined.
- In food processor, pulse flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined. Add 6 tablespoons butter. Pulse until combined. Add remaining butter. Pulse until coarse meal forms.
- In large mixing bowl, add coarse flour butter meal. Add half of egg mixture. Beat 1-2 minutes. Add remaining egg mixture; beat until combined.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until done. Cool completely.
- Pour remaining batter into prepared oven-safe bowl. Bake 1 hour, 40 minutes, or until done. Cool completely.
- To make buttercream frosting: In large bowl, add powdered sugar and butter; beat until fluffy. Add milk, vanilla extract and coconut extract; beat until creamy.
- Turn bowl upside-down on cake stand until cake removes from bowl. If cake needs leveled, turn cake over and trim to flatten. Frost cake.
- Remove wrappers from cupcakes. Using two pretzel sticks, press into base of cupcakes
- and anchor to bottom rim of bowl cake to create bunny feet. Frost feet.
- Take third cupcake and cut muffin top off. Cut muffin top in half. Using one pretzel stick, anchor one muffin top half at bottom of full cupcake to form toes. Repeat with second muffin top half for other foot. Frost toes.
- Attach final cupcake with remaining pretzel stick to butt area of cake to make tail. Frost tail.
- Apply 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut all over cake. Press chocolate candy melts into bottoms of bunny feet to resemble foot pads. Add chocolate chips to resemble pads for toes.
- Place remaining coconut in plastic bag. Add green food coloring. Toss in bag until coconut is colored. Spread around base of cake for grass. Decorate grass with chocolate eggs.
Spoon flour into dry measuring cup and level off excess. Scooping directly from bag compacts flour, resulting in dry baked goods. Add 1 tablespoon additional milk if frosting is too stiff. Keep adding until desired consistency.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 793Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 379mgCarbohydrates: 95gFiber: 4gSugar: 64gProtein: 8g
Nutrient values are only estimates provided by online calculators. Various factors can change the nutritional information in any given recipe.