STEM books will help you teach your class or your children at home.
STEM, which stands for science, technology, engineering and math, is an integrated approach with hands-on, problem-based learning.
The STEM fields are a huge focus for our local schools and across the U.S. and we just love doing different STEM experiments and activities at home. Enjoy these STEM books with your own kids.
Be sure to check out our other book lists for kids!
You can find these STEM books at your local library or purchase through the affiliate links provided for your convenience.
STEAM Books for Teaching/Homeschooling Kids
Adding science to your at-home schedule will make a positive impact on your child’s learning.
Just one experiment a week will help build children’s confidence and excitement about the sciences, boost success in the classroom, and give them the tools to design and execute their own science fair projects.
Use hands-on, open-ended STEMS projects to:
* Take advantage of children’s natural curiosity
* Incorporate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) concepts into your existing curriculum
* Develop creativity, collaboration, and problem solving important 21st Century Skills
* Establish real-world connections for classroom learning
* Differentiate projects according to your students needs
STEM Unit Study
In addition to offering recommendations for STEM books, I’ve teamed up with some fellow bloggers to offer you homeschool and classroom unit study resources to teach kids about science, technology, engineering and math! These unit study resources may contain affiliate links.
- Bridges STEM Challenge for Block Center
- My Community STEM Challenges for Block Center
- World Structures STEM Challenge for Block Center
- Stem Play: Integrating Inquiry Into Learning Centers
- A Little Bit of Dirt: 55+ Science and Art Activities to Reconnect Children with Nature
- Outdoor Science Lab for Kids: 52 Family-Friendly Experiments for the Yard, Garden, Playground, and Park
- STEAM Kids: 50+ Science / Technology / Engineering / Art / Math Hands-On Projects for Kids
- The 101 Coolest Simple Science Experiments: Awesome Things To Do With Your Parents, Babysitters and Other Adults
- The Curious Kid’s Science Book: 100+ Creative Hands-On Activities for Ages 4-8
For further STEM study unit resources and ideas, consider the following:
Experiments with Weights and Measures at Mommy Evolution
6 Tips for Teaching Preschool Science to Your Toddler at Mommy Evolution
Child-led STEAM Density Investigation at Life Over C’s
STEM Activities for Kids in the Kitchen at iGame Mom
PEEPS STEAM Activities at Schooling a Monkey
How to Make a Compass at Parenting Chaos
STEM Challenge: Edible Sedimentary Rocks Model at Preschool Powol Packets
Math Magic: Finding Center of a Circle at Planet Smarty Pants
Tinker Toys STEM Pulley at Sugar Aunts
Hot Chocolate Science at Creative Family Fun
Candy Science: Easy Erosion Experiment for Kids at Sugar, Spice, & Glitter