This cream cheese pound cake recipe is super moist and sweet enough to eat all on its own.
Pound cake is an amazing base for so many different desserts.
You could easily eat it with a simple dollop of whipped cream or as the base to a fabulous strawberry shortcake.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
1 1/2 cups butter, salted & softened
8 oz cream cheese
3 cups sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Directions for cream cheese pound cake recipe:
Cream together the butter, sugar, and cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the bowl as necessary.
Add in the vanilla and mix until combined.
Combine the dry ingredients and whisk them to combine.
Make sure to not skimp on this step!
There’s not much worse than biting into a bit of not-mixed-in baking powder. Yuck!
Add the dry to the wet and mix until incorporated.
Pour the batter into two large prepared loaf pans, or one large bundt pan.
Bake at 325 for 1 ¼ – 1 ½ hours, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes in the pans, and then turn out and cool on a wire rack.
For more baking fun, consider the following affiliate links:
Shipping is FREE with Amazon Prime or $35+ orders. Sign up for a FREE 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial HERE. Along with FREE shipping you will get access to thousands of movies, tv shows, books and music for FREE!
- 1½ cups butter, salted & softened
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Cream butter, sugar, and cream cheese together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into two large, prepped loaf pans, or one large prepped bundt pan. Bake at 325 for 1¼ to 1½ hours, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pans for 10 minutes, and then turn cakes out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.