Pan-Seared cod over Minted Pea Puree Recipe is one of those dishes that I always drool over in a restaurant but never really think about making at home. It’s easy and doable enough, however.
Don’t you think it’s time to serve some restaurant-style dishes at home?
Pan-Seared Cod over Minted Pea Puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds frozen or fresh peas, blanched
- 1 package (0.6-0.7 ounces) fresh mint, leaves only
- salt, to taste
- 4 Alaska cod fillets (4-6 ounces each), fresh, frozen or thawed
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
Get more inspiring dinner dishes on Mommy Evolution!
- Add water, peas and mint to blender or food processor; season with salt. Puree until almost smooth. Cover and keep warm.
- If frozen, rinse ice glaze from cod under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Heat heavy, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of fillets with olive oil.
- In heated skillet, cook cod, uncovered, about 3-4 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking. Turn cod over and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 6-9 minutes for frozen cod or 3-4 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Cook until fish is opaque throughout.
- To serve, spoon pea puree onto 4 plates. Top each with cod fillet and serve immediately.
You can find more recipes and nutritional values for your favorite seafood at wildalaskaseafood.com.
To find more wonderful fish dishes, consider the following affiliate links:
Shipping is FREE with Amazon Prime or $35+ orders. Sign up for a FREE 30-Day Amazon Prime Trial HERE. Along with FREE shipping you will get access to thousands of movies, tv shows, books and music for FREE!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 393mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 12gProtein: 37g