Nothing signals the holiday season like the sweet and spicy snap of gingerbread. Enjoy this must-have flavor in my freshly baked Gingerbread Cookies or this new recipe — a Triple Chocolate Gingerbread Cake Mix.
Why not make the most of the season by enjoying the holiday’s quintessential flavors like gingerbread. Transform this vibrant holiday flavor into a festive treat family and friends are sure to love! Find more gingerbread treats at McCormick.com. This post contains affiliate links.
Triple Chocolate Gingerbread Cake Mix
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 1 package (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 package (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Ground Allspice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- nonstick baking spray with flour
Before you get started, you’ll want these baking tools!
Directions for Chocolate Gingerbread Cake Mix
- Heat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, using electric mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, sour cream, vegetable oil, molasses and water until moistened, scraping sides of bowl frequently.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into 10-cup Bundt pan prepared with nonstick spray.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until cake pulls away from sides of pan and springs back when touched lightly.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Invert cake onto wire rack. Cool completely.
For even more gingerbread yumminess, check these out!