This twist on your typical sugar cookies to pays homage to my favorite fall candy — Candy Corn! Whip up some Candy Corn Sugar Cookies to serve up some fun this season.
Candy Corn Sugar Cookies
- 1½ cups Butter (room temperature)
- 3 cups Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Greek Yogurt
- 3 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 3½ cups Flour
- 1½ tsp. Baking Soda
- 1½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- Orange Sugar Sprinkles
- Orange Color Icing
- Yellow Color Icing
- Bread Loaf Pan
Find 20+ more Candy Corn Recipe Fun, Crafts and Creativity for the whole family.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together for a few minutes at medium speed using paddle.
- Add Greek yogurt and vanilla extract to butter and sugar mixture in mixer. Cream together for 1 to 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add eggs to mixture and beat together for about 3 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium mixing bowl: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add dry mixture to mixer on low speed until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Scoop mixture into medium mixing bowl. Seal and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator. Scoop out about a cup and a half at a time and place onto parchment paper. Knead with hands. Sprinkle flour onto rolling pin and dough as needed to avoid sticking.
- Add yellow color icing to dough and knead with hands or fold with a spoon until color is evenly distributed. Keep adding yellow color icing until desired color is achieved. Set aside.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9, but use orange color icing.
- Repeat step 8, but do not add icing color to your third and final layer.
- Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Begin to press the yellow dough (1st layer) into the bottom of the pan. Try to ensure the dough is level, with no bumps.
- Add the orange dough (2nd layer) on top of the yellow. Pat it down with your hands.
- Add the uncolored dough (3rd layer) on top of the orange. Pat it down with your hands.
- Refrigerate for approximately 2 hours to set.
- Remove from refrigerator and let set for 15 minutes.
- Holding on to the parchment paper used to line bread loaf pan, remove layered dough and set on clean surface.
- Using a large knife, cut ¾ inch slices.
- Turning each slice on its side, use your knife to make a zig-zag pattern.
- Add candy corn sugar cookies to baking sheet.
- Bake each batch for approximately 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for approximately 5 minutes.
- Using the orange sugar sprinkles, add to orange section of cookies randomly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Find even more fun Halloween recipes through the following affiliate links: