If you’re looking for a wonderful way to teach your toddler or preschooler their numbers and letters, these Alphabet Emboss Painting Activities for kids involves fine motor skills, art and learning.
Mommy Evolution welcomes fellow blogger Tarana from Sand In My Toes, who is sharing her inventive painting activity for her own toddler.
Be sure to check out our other fun family-friendly kid activities and crafts!
This post contains affiliate links.
Adorable Alphabet Books
Enjoy these ABC Alphabet Books that are perfect once your kids are done playing!
It’s the perfect way to keep the learning going during your storytime!
Emboss Painting Activities for Kids
I’m always looking for ways to teach my three-year old to recognize his numbers and letters.
Recently, we’ve started focusing on letter writing as well.
He isn’t always keen on working with a pencil, so I thought I’d make it fun by doing a painting activity.
This was also the first time we tried painting on a new medium – foil, and we loved it!
The materials you need for this activity include the following affiliate links:
- Aluminium foil, cut into sheets
- Paint (we used tempera)
- A thick brush
- Foam letters (large plastic or wooden letters will also do)
1. First, I placed four letters on a tray and then covered it with a sheet of foil.
I taped it in place on the sides.
2. We slowly traced the letters underneath with our fingers, and they began to take shape.
This was fun, and my son liked how the letters seemed to magically appear on the foil!
I had to help him a little with this to properly emboss the letters so they were clear.
3. Next, I asked him to draw over the letters with a paintbrush.
This was a great learning opportunity as we counted the number and type of lines in each letter, and how they should be drawn.
He loved this activity so much that we did several more letters!
You could also try the Emboss Painting activity with numbers or shapes.
It’s a fun way to introduce writing to toddlers or preschoolers or just for practice!
Find even more alphabet fun on Mommy Evolution!
More Alphabet Fun!
Don’t miss these printable alphabet ideas to do at home or for your classroom!
- ABC Letter Mats with Craft and Process Art Ideas
- Action Alphabet Animal Interactive Game
- Letter of the Week Handwriting and Do a Dot Pages
- Alphabet and Handwriting Bundle
- Alphabet Yoga Cards for Kids
- Multisensory Alphabet Activities
- Alphabet Clip Cards
- Do a Dot Printable Alphabet, Numbers, Lines and Shapes
- Alphabet Lacing Cards
Tarana Khan is an expat mom to a toddler. She loves writing and has done her stints as a copywriter, reporter and content editor, before embracing parenthood full time.
She blogs at Sand In My Toes, where you can drop by to read more of her parenting and other adventures!
Tarana also has a series called Busy Hands where you can find more activities and craft for toddlers and preschoolers.