This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Cascade. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine.
When the makers of Cascade Platinum told me I could pop my dishes right into the dishwasher without scrubbing off all of the food, I was a bit skeptical. And just to prove their point, they asked me to host a brunch, make a seriously yummy French toast recipe as well as brownies and pop those dishes right into the dishwasher. Again, without scrubbing.
French Toast Recipe
If you want to see if something cleans dirty dishes well, then a yummy gooey homemade mac and cheese recipe should do the trick. (And a special thanks to The Food Network and alton Brown who shared this recipe for this challenge.)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed in microwave for 20 seconds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 (1/2-inch) slices day-old or stale country loaf, brioche or challah bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- For the French Toast, in a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, honey and salt. When ready to cook, pour custard mixture into a pie pan.
- Dip bread into mixture, allowing it to soak for 30 seconds on each side. Then remove to a cooling rack that is sitting in a sheet pan, and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch nonstick saute pan. Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and place on rack in oven for 5 minutes. Repeat with all 8 slices.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, whipped cream or fruit.
Brownies Vs. Cascade Platinum
Cascade Platinum also asked me to show off how amazingly well it works. And trust me, it does! I’ve been lucky enough to use Cascade Platinum over the last month and I’m thrilled about how well it cleans even my grimiest dishes without me scrubbing them clean first.
Making brownies is an extra treat for my kiddos. I don’t make them often — probably because it’s a complete feeding frenzy in my house when I do! To make it extra special, I took the still-warm brownies, added a dollop of ice cream (mint chocolate chip, per my kiddos’ requests) and sprinkled a little bit of chocolate syrup on top.
The dish looked and tasted decadent without a crazy amount of work from me. And the easiest part? The clean up! I just popped the dishes right into the dishwasher and they came out shining.
Cascade Platinum Makes Clean-Up Easy
Cascade Platinum made cleaning up so easy for this mama. Skip the pre-wash. Cascade Platinum works best when food soil is left on the dishes because its special enzymes latch onto food, breaking it down so it can wash away. And don’t worry about food left on the dishes damaging your machine or pipes. There is a garbage disposal built into the bottom of almost all dishwashers that works exactly like the disposal in your sink. Bet you didn’t know that!