My dad is a Texan. I grew up believing in TexMex. But sometimes you just have to cross the country to California and eat a little bit lighter.
I’ve taken the idea of tostada, turned it into a taco and added my own Cali twist. This dinner can be ready in just minutes, making it easy to have a family meal any day of the week no matter how busy schedules get!
CaliMex Beef Tostada Tacos
- Hormel’s Seasoned and Shredded Beef Taco Meat
- Corn or Flour Tortillas (or hard-shell tacos if you prefer)
- Refried Beans
- Lettuce (chopped)
- Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- Avacado (sliced)
- Sour Cream
- Heat up the refried beans and Hormel’s Seasoned and Shredded Beef Taco Meat.
- Lay out the tortillas.
- Spread a thin layer of refried beans over the tortillas.
- Add the Hormel’s Seasoned and Shredded Beef Taco Meat to one half of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese over the entire tortilla.
- Squeeze the lime over the tortilla for added flavor. (I prefer more lime juice but others prefer less.)
- Add two thin slices of avocado and a dollop of sour cream.
- Fold the tortilla in half to create a half moon.
Note: Keep in mind you’re going to want to fold the tortilla over so you may not want to overfill it with ingredients. Also, if you’re like my husband, feel free to add some kick with your favorite hot sauce.
As you can see, I like my tacos with A LOT of avacado. Yum!